Sunday, August 30, 2009

Voice of Truth

So last night I was having a super rough night and was trying to figure out why in the world God would send me to Western Kentucky University when all there is to do is go to a frat party which I personally think are way over rated... but anyways.. I was dealing with a bunch of things last night and laying in my bed praying and heard "Read James 1" I was like WHOA, and ignored the voice thinking I was crazy... but it kept reoccurring in my head so I finally got out of bed (which is not easy when you are as short as myself) got my bible and read James 1....

James 1:1-6
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

Wow, what a blessing... I am going through all these mixed emotions to develop perseverance... God is great!

1 comment:

  1. isn't it so cool when you hear that voice for the first time. i liked your "whoa" comment. that's about the only way you can explain it. :) sorry you're having a rough week, but trust me that soon you'll be LOVING it. so glad you liked your church. you are so far ahead of where i was at your age. i'm proud of you!! much love & orange juice, misty

    ReplyDelete